Hi guys, i am struggling with implementation of a windows private runner for deployment of azure resources.
The runner is configured per the bitbucket documentation and the pipeline connects to it fine.
I have 3 environment variables that I use to connect to azure via cli:
AZURE_APP_ID
AZURE_PASSWORD -- secured env variable
AZURE_TENANT_ID
When i run the command to connect to azure via cli, it fails because the AZURE_PASSWORD is empty:
az login --service-principal --username=$env:AZURE_APP_ID --password=$env:AZURE_PASSWORD --tenant=$env:AZURE_TENANT_ID
When i write the output of the variables, it seems to confirm this.
Write-Output $env:AZURE_APP_ID -- displays variable correctly
Write-Output $env:AZURE_PASSWORD -- displays $echo:AZURE_PASSWORD, indicating it is null
Write-Output $env:AZURE_TENANT_ID -- displays variable correctly
When i run the command directly within the windows VM, it works properly.
Please advise, is there anything else i can do to test whether the secured variable is actually passed into the private runner? I am ok to echo to log if required - i will use a test secret.