I have a user that doesn't receive Jira Email notifications no matter what.
Context:
Currently using Jira Data Center 9.12.10 , Jira Service Management 5.12.10. I take one specific project, created a test ticket and made the reporter the user with the issue, added a comment.
I get the comment but not the user.
Steps taken to troubleshoot:
- Reviewed User permissions in Active Directory (removed and re add permissions), synced with AD again. Validated with Permission Helper and compared to mine. All good.
-Check user email using trace and same with mine, added comment in ticket and validated in trace I got the email and user didn't; checked user has no rules, checked junk and spam.
-Check security to see if email is being blocked or if its master suppression list, its not.
-Created automation in Jira to send email directly to user if ticket gets commented on. I got the email but the user didn't.
-Validate in Active Directory the user has the correct email and same in Jira
-Added debugging to the Logging and Profiling section for Outgoing mail and I get similar output but difference at the last part of the log between me and user.
Log: ME and User with Issue as emails (data scrubbing)
2024-07-16 13:52:00,127-0400 DEBUG [] Sending mailitem To='User with Issue' Subject='HD-53258 Jira access issues' From='null' FromName='ME (Jira)' Cc='null' Bcc='null' ReplyTo='null' InReplyTo='null' MimeType='text/plain' Encoding='UTF-8' Multipart='javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart@506a42f4' MessageId='null' ExcludeSubjectPrefix=true' anonymous Mail Queue Service [c.atlassian.mail.outgoing] Message was sent with Message-Id <JIRA.312877.1720558958000.27061.1721152320098@Atlassian.JIRA> 2024-07-16
14:14:00,475-0400 DEBUG [] Sending mailitem To='ME' Subject='HD-53258 Jira access issues' From='null' FromName='Randon User (Jira)' Cc='null' Bcc='null' ReplyTo='null' InReplyTo='null' MimeType='text/plain' Encoding='UTF-8' Multipart='javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart@68463e3b' MessageId='null' ExcludeSubjectPrefix=true' anonymous Mail Queue Service [c.atlassian.mail.outgoing] Getting transport for protocol [smtp]
Note: Using Microsoft for email, same for mail smtp one single address, Azure VM for Jira server on Prem.