This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring a custom field
Hi,
I'd like my custom field to show up in the issue detail view, even if there is no value set up for it.
I can't get it to show up.
No, it won't appear until you have got data in it. JIRA hides empty fields in an attempt to reduce screen clutter.
This is a normal behavior, only custom fields with values will be shown. You can't change it.
Hi Maria,
do you mean the detail view of the agile board? If so, you have to add the field to the detail view in the board configuration:
Thomas
I assume "my custom field" means that you have implemented it. In this case, in order to provide a default value, implement the method: com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.AbstractSingleFieldType#getDefaultValue(com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.config.FieldConfig)
I think you can always work around that for your specific field by:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.