I have a draw.io diagram on a Confluence page. I want to copy that diagram to another page and then edit it there.
The "Duplicate" button works, but only when copying the diagram to the same page.
If I select an existing diagram after pressing "Insert - Draw.io Diagram", I cannot edit it. There are 2 variations of this:
So what I am stuck with is the complete inability to create an editable copy of a diagram. And actually I can't move a diagram from one Confluence page to another.
Go to the page you want to insert the new diagram and insert a draw.io diagram from the insert menu. In the dialog that appears select "search" on the left:
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 19.14.28.png
search for the original diagram by name and then select it from the results. This will insert a clone of that original in that page.
The reason we do it this way only is to enforce a page revision to be created of that page, so it happens within the edit flow of that specific page.
It would also appear in the recent diagrams list if you changed it recently.
Hi David,
Thank you for your answer. I have tried the method you describe several times, and just to make sure I tried it again now and recorded the exact steps I followed. Here is my result.
Steps taken:
So this procedure does not work for me. I hope you have a solution for this.
Yes, there seems to be a bug there, we've assigned an engineer to look at it. As a workaround for now, you can copy and paste a diagram within from the original to a new blank diagram to make a copy.
Thank you for fixing this. I am looking forward to an updated version without the bug. I don't think your workaround works. This is what I have done: 1. Open a blank diagram in a Draw.io editor in one browser tab 2. Open an existing diagram in a Draw.io editor in another browser tab. 3. In the existing diagram: "Edit->Select All" and "Edit->Copy" 4. In the new diagram: "Edit->Paste" <-- This menu item is greyed out and not working. I am using Firefox on Linux if that matters.
Use ctrl-C and ctrl-V instead of the edit menu for copy and paste. It's not technically possible to access the system clipboard from a browser using the menus.
I understand the purist aspects in versioning of not offering a "Save as" function. But its not a reasonable reason for not including a basic function virtually universal in all other similar applications, it's not productive.
Fully agreed - it is as unproductive as pain in the neck to find basic functionality in circumventions !
What is your proposed flow of steps for implementing this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.