Hello Jira Community,
I am currently working with Jira Data Center (Jira DC) and I have a requirement to make certain fields read-only on the issue creation screen. I would appreciate any guidance on how to achieve this.
Details:
While Epic creation
Both the Enabler and Epic category fields as READ ONLY
we need these fields to be as READ ONLY.
Questions:
1. What is the best approach to make fields read-only on the create issue screen in Jira DC?
2. Are there any built-in features or configurations in Jira DC that support this functionality?
3. If plugins or add-ons are required, could you please recommend reliable ones and provide a brief overview of how to configure them for this purpose?
4. Are there any potential drawbacks or limitations to making fields read-only on the create screen that I should be aware of?
Any examples, detailed steps, or best practices would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Best regards,
Insha Nisar