Hi,
I have built the following automation:
I want to inherit the fields "Change type" and "Affected Product". This should only be possible if the destination issue fields are not empty. Can you help me please? My attempts have all failed so far.
Hi @Kaja Iske
You could check the fields in {{destinationIssue}} with a condition so the rule only proceeds when they have values:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/jira-automation-triggers-993924804.html#Jiraautomationtriggers-issuelinkedIssuelinked
Kind regards,Bill
After the When statement, you would typically put the link containing the linked issuekey in a variable like {{linkedOrigin}}. Then you can use smart values like {{linkedOrigin.customfield_xyz}} to transfer the values to your current issueThing is: I suspected the "change type" and "affected product" are custom fields. You need to fill in their correct numerical value in the smart value formula xyz.
You can lookup the exact custom field names when doing an issue search in the advanced issue search mode.
@Bill Sheboy Thank you - that worked for me :-)!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.