I am trying to budget for the number of licences that I might need for JIRA Service Desk. I estimate the support desk, and ancillary support staff will total about 35 people. I am therefore looking at 26 - 50. These will be internal engineers supporting 'external customers'.
If our external customers want to utilise the portal I am assuming that they too will also need a licence, which needs to be added to the count. However, a colleague thinks they have read somewhere that a 'client view' could be achieved without licencing. This might be acceptable for the customer portal in the first instance.
Can someone give me a steer on this please so I can make a realistic estimate of our true licence requirements.
Our development team (who make up about 25 of the above 35) will have a JIRA account anyway. So if we have a number of JIRA licenses do I also need licenses for each licenced JIRA user to also use JIRA Service Desk?
Thanks in anticipation.