Hi Experts,
I have customer is using Jira, ( i'm not familiar with it) , they mentioned that they using jira at MS Team, which i can see there is an apps which can integrate with it.
recently, Microsoft have an announcement, said that will retired the office 365 connector at Ms Team, just wonder whether it will get affected?
Retirement of Office 365 connectors within Microsoft Teams
Hello, Good day. I believe connectors and apps are different in MS Teams. This should not affect your client. Thanks
Hi @Mohanraj Thangamuthu
I think it does affect the automation instructions. Currently these are the Atlassian instructions on how to use automation with MS Teams:
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/use-automation-with-microsoft-teams/
"Create an Incoming Webhook" on MS Teams is being deprecated. Moving to Power Automate.
So these instructions need to be updated for Power Automate, I believe.
The warning message we are receiving in MS Teams is this:
Action Required: O365 connectors within Teams will be deprecated and notifications from this service will stop. Learn more about the timing and how the Workflows app provides a more flexible and secure experience. If you want to continue receiving these types of messages, you can use a workflow to post messages from a webhook request. Set up workflow
Hello,
We use MSTeams connectors with JIRA cloud and have received the same message on our channels as well regarding Action Required: O365 connectors within Teams will be depreciated ... . A number of our MSTeams connectors to other applications will be affected too.
I read the Retirement of Office 365 connectors within Microsoft Teams article but have yet to figure out clear instructions on how to replace existing connectors with the Workflows options.
If anyone else has stumbled upon a solution and has additional information to provide please let us know.
Thanks!
@Mohanraj Thangamuthu
I tried to set up a Microsoft Teams workflow to "Post to a channel when a webhook request is received" and used that webhook URL in the MS Teams automation action in Jira, but it didn't work. Can you provide updated instructions on how to get this working?
Hi there,
(I am cross posting this suggestion, as there are quite a few users struggling with the deprecation of Office 365 connectors)
I work at yasoon, an Atlassian Marketplace Platinum Partner. Our focus is to provide applications that deeply integrate Jira and Microsoft 365. So this topic is part of our everyday life and that's why I felt called to share this video with you:
▶️ Jira automation: How to deal with the retirement of Office 365 connectors within Microsoft Teams (youtube.com)
In the video we’re showing you how to set up basic and advanced automations with Microsoft and Jira. Hope it helps.
Jira automation: How to deal with the retirement o... - Atlassian Community
Happy Friday!
Following FR have been created for this change : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-1374
Hi Everyone,
I raised a support ticket regarding the MS deprecation of connectors. I was directed to this issue AUTO-1374.
Atlassian is well aware of the problem, but at this time does not have a solution. I encourage everyone to vote and watch on this issue. There is an ugly workaround provided in one of the comments that involves converting your message into JSON.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/O365-connectors-within-Teams-will-be-deprecated/qaq-p/2747544
Deprecation is coming pretty fast with MS, so let's vote up this issue so we get a solution soon.
Wave 1 – effective August 15th, 2024: All new Connector creation will be blocked within all clouds
Wave 2 – effective October 1st, 2024: All connectors within all clouds will stop working
Susan
Hi - thanks for this post and the answers.
Either I am very confused or it is just not clear ... Is this deprecation about:
Sorry if this has been answered before. Just trying to identify the impact and see every place this would have effect on and, in turn, needs fixing/amendments to limit or stop disruption.
Don't know exactly what all of our users do on Teams and Jira to be able to clearly manage this
Any help on this comment would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
HI,
In general this is the deprecation of webhooks on MS Teams. It affects not only Jira but many, many other applications that depend on webhooks/connectors into Teams.
The good news is that MS have now delayed the deprecation after a huge public outcry of the short time frame. Additionally, Atlassian is working on a new solution to replace the current method of webhooks/connectors.
Hope that helps
Thank you so much, Susan. I understood it as that.
What is the aspects on Jira and Teams that we should look out for to fix in advance?
Honestly, I don't think there is anything you can fix in advance. Your best bet is to watch this issue: AUTO-1374.
Please find latest updated on this thread : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Update-on-sending-Microsoft-Teams-messages-with-Atlassian/ba-p/2780258?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=immediate_general_article&utm_content=topic
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.