Recently I blocked an issue with another issue of different project which I have (member) access to. I was able to transition the blocked issue to DONE even when the issue that was blocking the earlier issue was in TO DO state. Any guidance on this will be helpful. Thanks.
Hi @Jayesh
Issue link only visualize dependencies between issues but it doesn't force or block any transition. You can do it by adding workflow conditions/validators.
Thanks for the input @Tansu Akdeniz I will work on your suggestion
It is possible to prevent the transition using workflow validators, however for blocking linked issues you will need an app. There are couple of options on the markeptlace. Look for Jira expression-based validators, or a linked issues validator.
I am from Forgappify and we developed Linked Issues Validator. I am leaving a link to a post in which I described it in more details in case you would be interested: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Re-Validator-for-linked-issues/qaq-p/2671074/comment-id/1009421#M1009421
Cheers
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.