Recently there was a new announcement on Atlassian to allow 4x and 8x pipelines in their servers with 16CPUs and 32GB of memory:
https://bitbucket.org/blog/announcing-our-new-ci-cd-runtime-with-up-to-8x-faster-buildsI was trying to update my pipelines and I also updated the Corporate firewall to accept the new IPs listed here:
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/what-are-the-bitbucket-cloud-ip-addresses-i-should-use-to-configure-my-corporate-firewall/But I still get HTTP issues when trying to download my Bitbucket repository:
This only happens when I use the new 8x or 4x pipelines, if I change the size to 2x it works.
I also gave more memory to the docker image up to memory: 27128
Any advice on where should I start looking? Is this a known issue?
Hi Kikadass,
The documentation is in the process of being updated as it is not made exactly clear how to ensure that your 4x/8x pipeline builds use only the IP addresses within the atlassian-ip-ranges list that you've mentioned.
To do so and avoid firewall issues - you will need to modify your YML configuration as per this article as follows:
options: runtime: cloud: atlassian-ip-ranges: true
options:
runtime:
cloud:
atlassian-ip-ranges: true
pipelines: default: - step: size: 4x runtime: cloud: atlassian-ip-ranges: true script: - echo "I use atlassian-ip-ranges"
pipelines:
default:
- step:
size: 4x
runtime:
cloud: atlassian-ip-ranges: true
script:
- echo "I use atlassian-ip-ranges"
Hope this helps.
Cheers!
- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)
Thank you Ben! I think that works. Also out of curiosity, what is the max I can set the docker image memory to be? I set it to 27128 as I saw examples using that much. However, the new 8x size runners have 32GB right? Can I set the docker container to use all that? Or do I have to leave some free for the runner? Thank you for your support!Enrique Piera Serra
Hi @Enrique Piera
The 4x and 8x pipelines have the following capabilities:
You'll definitely need to leave some room for the build container, by default this uses 1024MB - so the service container could have a maximum of 31744MB assigned.
You may experience build memory limit timeouts, however, so I would suggest experimenting a little bit with this. More information regarding service container memory limits can be found below:
Let me know if you need further clarification on this and I'll be happy to assist!
Thank you for all the information, Ben. Have a good day!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.