A few months back, I made a custom POST receiver that waited for changes in the 'staging' branch of our application and automatically ran our local update scripts. This worked for a few months just fine - the process was to work in 'dev' and merge into 'staging' when we were ready for testing.
However, at some point this stopped working. The problem as I see it is that the commit information is completely empty when merging from one branch to another. Here is an example:
This is the POST data after a merge from 'dev' into 'staging' branch:
{"repository": {"website": "", "fork": false, "name": "REDACTED", "scm": "git", "owner": "REDACTED", "absolute_url": "REDACTED", "slug": "REDACTED", "is_private": true}, "truncated": false, "commits": [], "canon_url": "https://bitbucket.org", "user": "REDACTED"}
Note this section: "commits": []
With no information about the merge, I can't tell if our staging branch was updated or not. This commit message looks like nothing happened at all, which is definitely not the case. How am I supposed to find this information?