Hi,
I am trying to trigger an action using Automation for Jira on a create event that is conditional on a specific string being in the issue description.
Inclusive of quotes, the string is "System Monitor" = ABCDEFG but with various values included as an or.
As an exact phrase match in JQL only appears to work for issue summary I am trying to do this with a regular expression using the 'Compare two values' condition.
The problem I am finding is that this only works with my regular expression if the string above is the only text in the description. The string always exists on it's own line in the text. Does anyone have any advice for this.
Current configuration for the Automation is....
- When: Issue created
- If: Compare two values
- First value: {{issue.description}}
- Condition: contains regular expression
- Regular expression: "System Monitor" = (?:ABCDEFG|HIJKLM|NOPQR)$
I also tried setting the regular expression as a variable and then referencing that but same problem.