Hello,
I need to cancel about 400 issues and I do not want to have to do these manually. Is there a way to make an automation to do this? I tried in the sandbox to trigger the automation from a manual trigger but it looks like it only does it from the issue I am triggering it on from. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Hi @John Lord ,
Whilst you can use an automation for this, which I'll briefly cover later, I would reccomend instead to simply use the bulk edit feature.
Here's Atlassian's documentation for the feature: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/edit-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time/
To summarise
The simplest way to perform bulk changes via automation is to use the Scheduled trigger
If you want to implement this with an automation rule (which is a good idea if it will need to be repeated in the future), then:
Hey @John Lord !
You can filter that 400 issues from issue navigator and click 3 fot icon. With bulk change all option, you can transition your issues to cancel status.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.