Hi,
I want to export all my user list to a CSV file (I want to remove them to another JIRA instance - but I need only the users).
I use PostgreSQL and my JIRA version is 6.3 (+ JIRA agile).
What is the command to do it?
Thanks in advance,
Adi
Select * from cwd_user in the database and reformat the output as CSV - but remember you can't just import it into another JIRA from that.
Yes, I've already tried it, but it raise error that table "cwd_user" doesn't exist.
Why can't I import it to another JIRA instance?
So what is the right way to move all the users list from one instance to another (just the user list)?
Thanks
There is no "right way" we can define without knowing what user directory type you are using. Even then, some don't have a way to move users - you'll need to create them from scratch no matter what. Most forms of user directory simply don't have "import users" as well, that's why I say you won't be able to use simple raw CSV If you have no cwd_user table in the database then you're either on a really old Jira, or you're using something totally outside Jira to handle users. Could you confirm your version of Jira and what user directory you are using? (Internal, Crowd, AD, something else?)
Try something like...
COPY cwd_user TO '/tmp/cwd_users.csv' DELIMITER ',' CSV HEADER;
See the Postgres documentation for more.
Yes. The version is 6.3 and all users created directly in Jira, no connection to AD or any other external service. Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.