Hi,
I would like to connect existing Bitbucket branch to issue in Jira.
The "Development" panel in Jira allows only to create NEW branch / Commit
But what if I would like to connect the issue to existing branch ?
Thanks,
Gal
Hi @Gal Fatal
Thank you for reaching out to the community.
Unfortunately, at the moment, it is not possible to connect an issue to an existing branch or vice versa.
We do have an existing feature request for it that can be located through this link. - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72931In the meantime, please feel free to upvote and watch the existing feature request through the provided link so that you'll be notified of any updates on its progress.We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to improve Bitbucket Cloud according to our policy on implementing new features.
Regards,Mark C
Thank you @Mark C . I voted and watch this issue.
+1 This is something that would be massively valuable. Seeing that developers often create branches and then in retrospect need to create tickets for them, it becomes impossible to track sometimes.
To be frank, I don't know how this hasn't been prioritized. I just started using Jira after a decade of using Epic's homegrown issue/dev tracking solution. Being able to link a dev log to multiple issues, multiple dev logs to a single issue, and adding existing dev logs to new issues are fundamental necessities of software development.
Very interested in this feature as well
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.