Hello Atlassian Community,
I am looking to automate the management of workspace and repository runners in Bitbucket Cloud and Bitbucket Pipelines. Specifically, I want to create and update these runners programmatically, ideally using an API or a similar method. This would allow me to manage runner configurations dynamically as part of our CI/CD processes.
Could anyone provide guidance or examples on how to achieve the following using Bitbucket's API or any other method:
- Programmatically create a new runner for a workspace or a specific repository.
- How to know when a new Runner is released and obtain it's version so that I can setup a Cron job to automatically download and apply the updates. The Current Bitbucket Cloud API seems to not support this feature out of the box.
- Optionally, if there are best practices for managing runners in a dynamic and scalable way, I'd be keen to learn about those too.
I saw an open ticket and some discussions about workarounds. Does Atlassian have any recommended methods to set this up ? BCLOUD-22032 : Runner Update Options
Any help or pointers towards relevant documentation would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Gajesh