Join us for a Live Learning session for Automations in Confluence with the one and only @Matt Reiner _K15t_, and earn a community kudos badge for sharing a bit about what you’ve learned or are excited about!
We’re looking forward to hearing more about how you plan to use Automations in Confluence and learning more about what excites you.
 The instructions are simple:
Attend the June 12th session live (or watch the recording at your convenience!)
Come back to this post and share your use cases for automations, tips on what you learned, or one you’re excited to try
That’s it! You’ve earned the badge!
        "Automate All The Things" kudos badge
Love this intersection of Live Learning ACE Events + Kudos Challenges. I won't be able to make it live, but will certainly be watching a replay.
My use cases:
I have learned more about the scheduled automations and also CQL. Looking forward for more AI options.
I want to use automation for sprint ceremonies like retrospective notes spaces and repeating meetings. Thank you for the great training!Â
I'm Pretty excited to test and use automation.Â
And whiteboards + automation?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Whiteboards/Automations-now-include-Whiteboards/ba-p/2694110
noice!
thanks K15t Team!
I learned about manual triggers and how you can access automation right from an individual page. Great presentation and lots of good information!
Just Learned how to share a page as soon as I create it in order to share it with my colleagues so they can contribute to the meeting page! wonderful!
There are so many possibilities hat it blew my mind. Looking forward to start using it.
I use automation in Confluence mainly to create new pages (for recurring meetings), to notify the participants, and to remind me of follow-up actions.
A good tip from Matt was about sending an email to a user for pages that was not updated for a long while. This answered my #automatethis question that I posted in the beginning of the chat. Thanks, Matt! The livestram was outstanding
Wow, the livestream was great! I learned so much about the different types of things you can automate and that there is so much more to investigate. It prompted me to think of many use cases where automation would help me out.
during the Livestream, I successfully created an Automation rule using smart values, adding a label to a newly published page on condition and sent a message to our TEAMs channel ! Great session Matt
I have been manually creating a follow-up email to share meeting notes and will look into setting the automation to do it. I also am interested in looking into the branches to use to clean up our instance where pages are inactive.
I learned so much from the course! My favorite protip was on accessing quick automations directly from your confluence page.
I learned that I need to keep up with all the Confluence automation update goodness! All the things that I tried to do last year but couldn't due to no available functionality are now possible! Like:
Absolutely loved the webinar.Â
My very important case right now is:
Thanks again, i've learned a lot and will share it with my team.Â
Love the idea of preparation before action, not only is helpful for when creating automation with minimal errors but also helps document so that others can follow and when needed, take-over.
Automation is meant to make things easier, more fun and remove time waster tasks, specially when you automate to run on Schedule and take bulk actions. i.e. Notify page owners of no activity for an X period of time on their pages + with a follow-up action to Archive those pages.
Automation is also a great way to keep things tidy, structured and up-to-date, more so if you're using AI to standardize labels and tags through keywords and page content, or share summaries on a weekly basis of the latest.Â
As always, great session with @Matt Reiner; the energy and passion to share the knowledge is beautiful, thank you!
I learned a lot of new ways to use automation today. I'm really excited to try it for archiving and different AI actions. Thanks for the great live stream and the conversations in the chat +information the upcoming features!
I'm looking forward to diving into notifications and archiving to figure out how we can automate those processes. I'm also going to explore more of the capabilities, as Matt touched on a lot and I'm looking forward to rabbitholing
I like the automation of meeting notes on confluence where its automatically send Action items and Summary of meeting.
Our organization has used automation to apply labels to our blog per the year created. Thereafter, we created separate pages with Filter by Label macro to list each years' blogs.
In the future we may implement an automation for Verified pages to help manage out of date/not reviewed in a while content.
Thank you so much for sharing that amazing knowledge!Â
As a Content Manager, I have always known and used the power of automations in Jira. JIra automations streamline my workflow by automating the creation of tickets for articles, including briefings, images, writing, and proofreading. Additionally, for our monthly newsletters, automation triggers at the beginning of each month ensure timely and organized content distribution.
Discovering the same capabilities in Confluence has been a game-changer.Â
From now on, I will sure use the Confluence automation as well for specific events as page creation, user mentions or scheduled times. This is so amazing. Still not over what I didn't know the past years. Thank you! 🚀
I've learned so much!But I loved that @Avinoam was very active in the chat and spoilered some upcoming features for Confluence Automations I'm very excited about!
It was very interesting and entertaining to watch, Matt is a great host.
We will start looking into automating our recurring meeting notes.
@Matt Reiner _K15t_Â I would love, if not already available :{{D, an Confluence automation to adjust the filters of all the 'Jira Issue/Filter' macro's on a specific page, for instance to change the 'Component' value or 'Label' value.
We have some templates which use a couple of 'Jira Issue/Filter' macro's and it is very time consuming, error prone, to each time adjust all the macro's individually.
When will it be introduced in to DC?
Manual triggers are very nice!
I created one in JSM when we are waiting for reporters to respond to the ticket. We can go days without a response from the reporter. Instead of waiting until they respond, I created a manual trigger that sends the reporter an email letting them know their response is needed.Â
People tend to forget the tickets they entered and is no longer a priority for them. We need to close the tickets out so we when need a response, we run the trigger and it sends the reporter an email asking for a follow up. After a few days with no response, we send a second and final email notifying them that the ticket will be closed out in a few days if there is no response. Â
This has saved us a lot of time trying to reach out to the reporter on different formats asking for an update. Â
I had to watch the recording and it was terrific! My initial thought Wow; it is so easy to use Confluence Automation! I will definitely use it to clean up some of my spaces and remind me to do other important tasks that I only think about when I view a page in Confluence. Thanks K15 team for sharing your knowledge with the world!Â
There's a lot to explore - especially as we're yet to transition to Premium - but in the realm of Product Documentation... there's a ton to explore when it comes to workflow and approval processes, especially when it comes to Marketplace apps and Jira integration.
Â
The first thing I have to say is I celebrate the fun and exciting spirit with which @Matt Reiner _K15t_Â Â explains things, he makes it so close that it is difficult not to want to try it.I'm left with three things, automations for:
1.- Meeting improvement2.- Retrospectives3.- Communications to users
Thank you very much for the video and all the information you share, very good job 💙
Learned some new tricks for fancy if/branching logic and smart values~!
Loved this! Just watched it on replay and there are sooo many things I am looking forward to trying. I think I may start with an automation to find owners of pages who are inactive users. Â
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.