Hello,
We are migrating from JIRA 6.2 to JIRA Software 7.1.1 on a test bed. We've created a new empty database installed JIRA 7.1.1 onto a VM. I've moved over the attachments, and plugins and copied over the new 7.1.1 attachments and plugins directory. Now when starting JIRA I receive a JIRA - Internal Serve Error, with a general JiraLockError. I can not find the lock file after shutting down JIRA so the issue is during start up.
This is on a Linux x64 based VM. I've already tried the XML restore from the previous 6.2 instance and it works fine doing an integrity check re-index etc. The JiraLockError only comes when moving the attachments over into the regular /data/attachments folder.
I've also tried creating a new data directory placing the old copy of the 6.2 into the directory and simply pointing the JIRA_HOME using the setenv.sh.
TL,DR
Successful XML restore new 7.1.1 instance using data from 6.2 , Attachments cause JiraLockedError. Error re-produced before or after XML restore.
Thank you