We are using Jira Data Center solution with approx. 1000 users and we would like to start using Jira Product Discovery.
Would it be possible to integrate those tools? Migration to Jira Cloud solution is not an option at this point of time.
Hi there! this is in our roadmap to evaluate and schedule. For now, no concrete plans. Any chance you might share a bit what motivates you to use JPD and what prevents the move to cloud, to help us prioritize? if you prefer to speak directly, we would love to hear your feedback from the "Give feedback" button in the product!
Best,
Amina, JPD Product Mgmt team
@Domagoj Mihaljevic we have just released plugin that enable that. Please find out Jira Product Discovery integration with Jira Data Center is live!
Amina, thank you for your reply!
I cannot give you an exact answer to your question why DC and not Cloud. This was decided some time ago, and my colleagues claim there has been a strong reason to do it that way and that has not changed until present day. I will explore more to find the exact reasons, but regardless, you can understand how large enterprises are hard to shift, so migrating everything to cloud now would be a major blocker (not only business-wise, but budget-wise, correct me if I am wrong).
About your other question, what was my motivation to start using Jira Product Discovery - we as a company are heavily focused on minimizing the number of tools we internally use, and since Jira is our main go-to tool (we are a development company), JPD seemed like a logical choice because it supports all the features I need as a Product Owner/Manager.
Amina,
we face similar issue, while we understand, as a next step we need to move to cloud, we are heavily using JS DC, so moving will take some time (heavy on Script Runner as well).
but i do want to push JPD internally as we do have a need, but without giving a proper solution for integration between the products - i will not get approval to start using JPD cloud (it could serve as a catalizator for moving on it's own)how can i reach the JPD roadmap ? and what solutions do you suggest until then?
thanks
Hello @Domagoj Mihaljevic and @Lior Efraim I'm currently working with Amina to run some research on this topic with some of our data center customers to learn more about your requirements. I'd love you to both apply to participate in the research here.
BestNatalie Rowland
Lead researcher
I can only echo the sentiment on here about JDC integration.
Large instance here : many thousands of users and close to 50K tickets/year .. all plumbed into active directory / user groups etc - customer portals and internal users. Multiple customizations and plug-ins. JIRA cloud is not a viable option.
I am working on requests from our product lines and the field team for ideas capturing (discovery) right now. The idea to have JIRA discovery in the cloud and link to Data Centre instance - means sending users to different place from where they work day in day out filing support tickets : it adds fragmentation when we are trying to reduce fragmentation.
sorry, i meant this to be a comment not an answer :-)
Thank you @Stasiu I will check it out.
And big kudos for the whole Atlassian team who made this happen!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.