I'm attempting to migrate a project from an OnDemand instance of Jira to a standalone, local install and it's not going well.
When I attempt the import, I get the following error:
This data appears to be from an older version of JIRA. Please upgrade the data and try again. The current version of JIRA is at build number '6102', but the supplied backup file was for build number '6132'.
I'm using the latest version from the Jira downloads section (6.0.5) so...
I did read through the documentation on this, but that was no help: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+OnDemand+to+a+JIRA+Installed+Site
I was able to find reference to a KB article that looked like it might address this from the title, but it's been deleted: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/JIRA+OnDemand+export+does+not+import+into+standalone+JIRA
Any help?
What you should do is to import the OnDemand to the same version as your production instance first. Setup a test instance, import the OnDemand there then do a project import.
not following... the OnDemand version seems to be newer than the latest version that's available for download. I don't know how to make the versions match
Are importing from a database backup file or from a XML file? If it is the XML file, I would try changing the build number in the XML file to download build number.
Norman:
I'm importing a .zip file backup... not sure what or where to change the build number?
If you look inside the zip file, I believe you will see some files named entities.xml and activeobjects.xml. I would look in these files for the build number and change it. If you are unfamilar with zip or xml files, find someone in your organization that does to help you make these changes.
Steps to Follow
1) copy zip file to another name like do_not_touch_me_in_case_i_mess_up.zip. Also make sure this is a binary copy.2) Unzip your original zip file3) Edit *.xml files and change the build number4) Rebuild your zip file5) Import the rebuilt zip file
You have one more option. You can contact Atlassian support and see if they would 'fix' your backup file.
We have the same problem: ondemand version 6134 (6.1 OD 4), Onsite Version 6105 (6.1), which is the last downloadable stable version.
We're trying to import just a project into our internal Jira, that has already several other projects. Changing the build number has not effect.
It would be helpful if Atlassian could reply to this!
Same problem here. Anyone have a working solution (that they've tested - not just *think* should work)?
Having the same problem here as well. Atlassian does not seem to be responsive to these questions. I am opening a Support ticket.
did anyone succeed in getting the problem resolved?
Later versions of downloaded Jira allow you to skip the build check.
If you export from OnDemand now (which is on 6.2), and download 6.1, you'll get a warning, but it will import the backup file without you having to change anything.
this works of course, but only for the whole backup to be restored in either a fresh Jira installation or overwriting all existing data. What I want to do is importing the projects into an existing Jira installation, while keeping all projects in this installation.
Seems like there is no other way than to create a temp Jira installation import the backup and backup it with this version, so that I can re-import the single projects.
That is correct - project import has always required the data versions to be the same.
OnDemand is always a version ahead of download distributions, so this is impossible.
It works within a range, yes, but you cannot just "import OnDemand to the same version as your production instance" because there is no way to have a local version on the same version as OnDemand (unless there is a download area I'm unaware of... happy to be wrong about this!).
I've encountered OPs XML error after skipping updates for a couple weeks on my local instance. I had to update my local instance to the latest from the download site to be compatible with my OnDemand backup (and then I get the expected functionality warning you mention).
More than one year later I think this is still not solved.
I have a fresh v.6.3.15 JIRA installation (last version downloadable) where I want to move some projects from JIRA oncloud, but there is no way. I've just taken an export from the cloud, and created another zip file containing only XML files as you said here. When I try to import the file I get this message:
The current version of JIRA is at build number '6346', but the supplied backup file was for build number '64012'.
Is there any solution for this? or will I have to keep my projects on the cloud forever?
I'm gonna try other solutions like modifying the contents of the XML files, but I think this shouldn't be the way.
I think Atlassian should inform about these kind of things before deciding to move oncloud... something like "think twice, if you go oncloud, you will never be able to go onpremise, .. and if you get it, it won't be easy at all!".
Thanks in advance,
If you find a solution for this that would be great. I am running into the same problem
64012 seems to be EAP release 6.4 m14. So I could install that but I really want to install a production version not an early release item......
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.