Is it possible to assign a Delivery Ticket when importing a new Idea into Discovery?
Hi Robby,
Could you elaborate on what you're trying to achieve?
Hi Robby, you should be able to do that: when you add a delivery ticket to an idea it creates a link between those 2 Jira issues with a a specific link type "implements/is implemented by"
You can import those via a CSV import: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Linking-issues-from-a-CSV-import/qaq-p/2579648
Hello Pieter,
I am trying to migrate a series of Jira issues into Discovery via the External System Import process (CSV Import). When a new Discovery Idea is created, I want to also create a link it to the related Jira Epic/Story as a delivery ticket. I have the Jira Issue Key, but have not had any luck adding a delivery ticket when creating a new Idea via the CSV Import.
Hello Tanguy,
In the CSV import process, I don't see a way to set the specific link type "implements/is implemented by". There is an option for "Link "Discovery issue link" but that does not show a delivery ticket after importing a new Idea.
Hi Robby, I tried a few different things and found one way to make it work with manual work. Basically you need to first import the ideas, and then import the issue links separately:
I've just tested and it worked for me.
It's brutal - we'll need to find a way to make it easier. the problem is that while the import tool lets you select the link type, it doesn't let you choose the direction of that link ("Polaris link type" = "implements" for the delivery ticket and "is implemented by" for the idea). Also we need to rename these links so their name actually means something that people can understand......
Thank you for the proposed workaround. All is clear except I don't have a field I can map to called "Polaris issue link".
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.