Hello, I would like to know where to find the AUTOMATION settings in Jira.
I'm using Jira which is v8.20.26 and I can't find the automations menu. Is it unavailable for this version or do I need to install something?
Hi @Emerson Silva ,
For the project automation you can go to Project Settings -> Automation or for the general automations you can hit gg on your keyboard and a new popup window will show where you type in Automation and it should available in the list.
If you cannot find it in these two locations most probably Automation add-on is disabled or its missing. Go to the Manage Add-ons and check for it.
Hi Emerson,
Go to Settings > System > Automation rules under the Automation for Jira section.
In my environment I did not find this option.
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, there is no automation option in project management. When I press gg and type automation the option "JSU Automation Suite For Jira Workflow" appears, would this be the tool?
I also didn't find the "Manage add-ons" option
Attached is a printout with the options I have on the Jira administration screen
@Emerson Silva - click on the Manage Apps tab and on the left side you should have Find Apps and Manage App and check if you have Automation for JIRA in the Manage Apps section..
Okay - that's a plug in for automation rules called Automation for Jira. Sounds like you might have a different one.
And you don't see the JSU app under Manage Apps?
@Mihai Schwarz Unfortunately automation for Jira does not appear in Management Apps tabs. I can find the App on the Atlassian marketplace but I can't install it as you can see in the print. There is also no automation option for Jira in project management. The only automation app I can find installed in my project is "JSU Automation Suite For Jira"
Hi @John Funk! Yes, I see JSU Automation in Manage Apps. Researching more about this App, I understood that I can use it within the Jira workflow, being a little different from the Automaiton For Jira that I am already used to. But it seems to deliver the same purpose.
@Emerson Silva I was facing the exact same problem. To solve this problem go to Manage apps and in the filter drop-down list (Select: All Apps) then, In the search bar type "Automation for Jira" and it will appear to you at the bottom. Make sure it is updated and Enabled
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.