I have the following workflow.
The prod branch pipeline runs with the following branch definition:
master:
- step:
<<: *Env_Settings
name: Prod Env Settings
deployment: prod
- parallel:
- step: *xxxx
- step: *xxxx
- step: *xxxx
- parallel:
- step: *test_commit
- step: *hotfix_fe_commit
At the end, in the last parallel step, when the commits are made to hotfix_fe_commit, that will kick of the hotfix_fe branch pipeline, which has the following definition:
hotfixfe:
- step:
<<: *Env_Settings
name: Prod Settings
deployment: prod
- parallel:
- step: *xxxx
- step: *xxx
- step:
<<: *xxx
- parallel:
- step: *test_commit
- step: *hotfix_commit
On the very first step( named "Prod Settings"), I am getting following error:
This pipeline was paused because prod can not be deployed to from the hotfixfe branch.
I am not sure why this is causing an error. My intention is to reuse the deployment environment and I know that you cannot reuse an environment in the same pipeline. But the commit kicks of a brand new pipeline, so I believe that I should be able to reuse the deployment environment.
My branch restrictions are identical for both branches that use this deployment environment. Is there something else potentially happening?