Hi experts
I need your help . in my Jira JC :
I have many asset fields which I need to copy the value of each asset field in to Jira Custom field .
do you have any common experience or any solution ?
I want to use Automation for Jira
Hi @NEGAR JALALIAN , you should be able to use smartvalues for this. See if this post helps you out - Copy-Assets-object-attribute-to-issue-custom-field
hi Jack , thanks for your comment . sorry if my q sounds sily . but how does smart value works ?
my source field is : {{issue.customfield_14101.Name}}
my destination field called : platform_temp
I tried automation for Jira based on a transition , this change happens , but I don't know how to tell the source field
Hi @NEGAR JALALIAN , i'm pulling the question back into this thread, so that conversation between the two of us it's clear or future readers.
if you wish to copy one field into another, you can use the edit issue action. in the action, you select the fields that you wish to edit for each field that you edit do you set a value and in the value field you can use a smart value, for example...
Hi Jack
I'm lost . I don't know how to add my source field
platform_temp is my destination field which is normal text custom field .
I wan to select the source field but when I type {{issue.Platforms_14101.Name}} , nothing appears
Can you share a screenshot of your rule so I can get a visual of where you are entering this info?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.