Hi everyone,
I'm trying to set up an automation rule in Jira to sum a custom field "Order Quantity" of all child issues and update the Epic's "Order Quantity" field with the total. I've followed several steps but can't seem to get it working correctly.
Here's what I've tried:
Scheduled Trigger:
- Set up a trigger to run daily.
- JQL query:
issuetype = Epic.
Branch Rule for Child Issues:
- Added a branch rule for related issues.
- Chose For Children.
Create Variable to Sum Order Quantities:
- Inside the branch, added an action to create a variable
totalOrderQuantity. - Used the smart value:
{{issue.fields."Order Quantity".sum}}.
Edit Epic to Update Order Quantity:
- Added an action to edit the Epic after the branch.
- Set the Epic's "Order Quantity" field to
{{totalOrderQuantity}}.
Is anyone able to pinpoint what I'm doing wrong or guide me on an easier way to achieve this?