Hi Team,I have checked the REST API documentation for creating a service desk ticket in JIRA?
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/api-group-request/#api-rest-servicedeskapi-request-post
Will this create a ticket in customer portal?And also in the documentation, I have founded that "requestTypeId" & "serviceDeskId" fields needs to be passed as request. Where can I find these things in Jira and how?
Then what are the fields need to be mandatory for these to create a ticket in service desk?
Hi @Prabhu
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Will this create a ticket in customer portal?
Yes.
Where can I find these things in Jira and how?
You can check the URL. See this thread.
Summary is always required. But if you mark some other fields as required, you have to send them too.
Thanks @Tansu Akdeniz Can you also tell me can we use the Basic Authentication to use these API's or do we need Oauth 2.0?If OAuth 2.0 needed means how can I get the access token? Since I am new to the Atlassian this is slightly confusing me.
You can do it by supplying basic auth headers described here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.