We recently switched from HTTP on port 8080 to HTTPS on port 443 on Jira 9.12.6 on Windows Server 2019.
We enabled both HTTP and HTTPS since we still want REST API to work on port 8080 while we transition.
I have been reading articles and experimenting redirect and rewrites to automatically redirect the user to HTTPS if they type in the old HTTP one. I was also hopeful to prevent any dead links for any links stored in documentation.
With just the redirect port set and enabled security option within the config, it seems to redirect from http to https, but does not re-write the port. When I've attempted using the rewrite config, I've had errors relating to style sheets and other.
Could you provide the correct steps to properly add HTTPS and redirect the user from HTTP on port to HTTPS (on port 443) when they access through the web other than through REST API?