Hello All,
I am novice to the concept of epic statuses. Every site I have visited seems to have a simplified epic status. I have been asked to draft how our epic status should look like and was asked to include the evolution of the epic including: intake process, estimation phase, ready to start work and so on and so on. I am a bit confused by this ask because normally I have seen where the epic workflow is much more simplified, usually capturing: to do, in progress, and done. I have attached our agreed epic statuses How does this workflow seem to you from an agile perspective or overall knowledge you may share of working with epics.
Epic status as follows:
1. New
2. Processing Intake
3. Primed for work description (This is where we learn about the type of work it is in much more detail)
4. Work description in progress
5. Ready to gather work estimates
6. Ready to schedule
7. Work Scheduled
8. Work in Progress
9. Prepared for decision on viability
10. Deployed
11. Completed