All my completed pipelines in all repositories today got status "Paused" instead of "Completed". What can be the reason of that changes?
Hi all - apologies for the confusion around this change. There are several small incremental changes currently underway designed to give users more a more explicit set of statuses for builds - in addition to giving users more tools to better manage those statuses - what you are seeing right now is one step, of several, that are underway to "rationalise" the way statuses are used, and also give you all more flexibility.
What's changed so far:
There have been two changes so far, with a few more to come.
What's still coming:
Feedback request:
Hello @Dinara Tablina ,
and welcome to the Community!
Did you mean that all the pipelines executed in the past - which were already with the status Successful/Failed - got their status updated to Paused?
Would you mind sharing a screenshot from the Pipelines page where you see all pipelines paused from one of the affected repositories?
Hello, @Patrik S ,
Yes, that's exactly what I meant: all my previous Successful or Failed pipelines got their status updated to Paused.Unfortunately, I can't share a screenshot now, because after a few hours the original statuses returned without any interference from me. But I'm wondering what could be causing of this behavior?
That seems to have been just a temporary instability on the platform to get the actual build status, so I wouldn't expect it to happen again.
However, if you notice this same behavior in the future, please let us know so we can investigate further.
Hello @Patrik S ,
Thank you for the reply!
I've encountered the problem again and now I have the screenshot with these weird statuses.Do you have any idea what could be the reason?
I suppose that with the latest Bitbucket updates, all pipelines that had unfinished steps (jobs) are now marked as Paused, and pipelines that had all steps completed are marked as Completed.
If I'm right, this is an inconvenient update.
@Dinara Tablina seems to be correct. Pipelines that have manual steps and not executed are marked as paused.
part of the pipeline:
check differences in 2 screenshots
___
Hi @Patrik S , we now have the same problem on our repos.
Running a pipeline that has manual step sets the status to Paused like on other screenshots in the thread.
Hello, @Pascal De Cort
Do you know if it is a consequence of latest Bitbucket updates?
Currently seeing the same issue as well in our environment. Manual build steps are configured.
Commit messages were masked so this isn't an UI issue
Hi all - please see: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Re-Why-do-I-see-the-completed-pipeline-status-as-quot-Paused/qaq-p/2710948/comment-id/104654#M104654
This change is very annoying and inconvenient. Before, all our completed builds were GREEN, which was fine because we executed manual steps very rarely. Now, successfully completed builds are suddenly YELLOW, which makes us worry and wonder if the job successfully finished or if somebody/something paused the job.
Please make this option configurable or revert to the old behavior.
This is a breaking change in the UI as it shows a warning color and label for the paused status in pipelines with manual steps, please revert or advise on how to handle it to get the old behavior back. Our team of developers is now unsure of pipelines status because of it.
I would like to mention as well, that we used to get the notifications about finished jobs to Slack. Now notifications are not coming to Slack because the jobs are not finished, but they are paused!
UPD. This issue was not related to the change in pipelines statuses.
edited: [i meant to post this as a reply, not an answer]
The current state of this is inconsistent with bitbucket documentation. There was already alignment on how this state should be represented.
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/view-your-pipeline/#2.-Pipeline-status
Please revert, or give your customers the option to revert/opt-in. Introduce a new state of "Successful, Incomplete" if that seems more appropriate.
@Edmund Munday You have stated yourself the exact problem that people are up in arms about:
To be clear, we understand this creates an inconvenience in situations where customers have "paused" pipelines that they have no intention of actually completing, such as when they have got "optional" steps at the end of their workflow controlled via the "manual" trigger.
This is more than an inconvenience.
This change to improve "consistency" between backend status and displayed status now takes every build that used to look normal (Successful) and mixed it in with what was previously an exceptional status (Paused) that was only ever displayed when a user took manual action to pause a build.
We now have no way to differentiate the most common build outcome / use-case from a highly exceptional / unusual use case.
Please revert this change immediately and (if you feel it is truly necessary) add an option to allow customers to opt into this massive UI change.
Actually after reading @Edmund Munday response, I understand how it works now and do see value in it. It focuses developers a bit more on "incomplete" pipelines, pushing them to make them green. It will take some time getting used to the new concept.
The release process of this feature was terrible. This change had to be communicated to all customers BEFORE it was made, and probably several times. You should make sure that as much of your customers as possible understand the change. You introduced conceptually different approach without notifying us properly.
... they got rid of the "unfilled circle" successful status.... @Dinara Tablina
I know, but our developers don't need to run all steps every time they change the code. And it's very inconvenient to work with Paused statuses.
Also some manual steps are optional and up to situation if you need to run it or not. For example in our flow it's cache clean trigger, and in 99% is not runned, but up to developer if he need to run it or not. And that definetly not paused state.Or if you need to stick with status add some "optional step" field config on step level, so in this case if manual step not runned pipe is still successful.
fix this plz
I see that you changed the color of Paused builds from yellow to grey. I am okay with this fix. The color was only thing which was annoying us.
I thought was something wrong with my pipelines flow. Now I've realized was a breaking change. I don't like it.
Are there any updates here? This bug is very annoying..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.