Hi all,
can someone please explain the current capabilities of Service Relationships in Opsgenie to me?
I had the expectation that when Service A is impacted the dependant Service B would be impacted as well, but in my tests (incident impacting Service A) I did not find anything which would even indicate that there could also be an impact to Service B.
Also, when I view Service A from the Services overview (top menu), I don't see any dependant services. When I view Service B, I can see that it's depending on Service A. That doesn't make sense, because when there's an incident impacting Service A and I want to know which other related services could be affected, I would drill down from affected Service A rather than click through all other services to check whether they're depending on Service A.
So, is the incident investigation feature really the only useful service relationship feature?
(I'm aware of this article and actually I hoped that the functionality would have evolved since back then: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-questions/Services-relationship-and-teams-How-it-works/qaq-p/1382317 )
Are there any plans to go one or more steps further with service relationships in the (near) future?