I was following this tutorial https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/set-up-and-use-code-owners/but doesn't work, any idea about this?
Same issue here. I received an email with a link to this and quickly added a .bitbucket/CODEOWNERS file to my project but when I created a pull request, the Reviewers were never populated. I made several pull requests after checking in the required CODEOWNERS file, and no dice. Hopefully someone can help us fix this.My file only has one line in it. For the sake of this example, let's say my workspace slug is spider-man. I also have a group called javascripters with 3 members associated to it. This is my file:
Hello all,
If you are referencing a workspace user group in your codeowners file, make sure that the group-slug is provided in the rule as follows :
<file pattern> @workspace-slug/group-slug
For example, for a user group named MyTestGroup, the codeowners rule should reference mytestgroup:
# Choose all members of a workspace group *.js @workspace-slug/mytestgroup
If you use the group name instead of the slug, bitbucket will not be able to match the rule with the actual group.
This is explained more in detail in the following article, along with instructions on how to find the group slug :
Thank you!
Patrik S
Thanks for your answer @Patrik S . I read through the article carefully and have re-read the docs countless times, but it just won't work. Is the workspace-slug just the slug itself (workspace-name), or does it need to be a full URL (https://bitbucket.org/workspace-name)? I have been using just the slug, but it doesn't like it. The docs barely even mention the workspace-slug stuff, so I'd really appreciate some guidance on this, and I'm sure others would as well.
Hello @Stephen Baker ,
The formatting to reference a workspace user group contains an @ symbol followed by the workspace-slug:
*.py @workspace-slug/group-slug
You can find the workspace-slug by navigating to your workspace and checking the URL, which will be in the format :
https://bitbucket.org/<workspace-slug>/<rest of the URL>
Some things I would suggest double-checking that may be causing the code owners not to work :
If this still doesn't work, would you mind sharing your CODEOWNERS file here? In case you prefer not to share here as it's a public forum, please let me know, and I can raise an internal support ticket to investigate this further.
Thank you, @Stephen Baker !
I basically posted it already in my message on April 29th. But here is the exact one-liner in my .bitbucket/CODEOWNERS file:* @tcg-machines/javascripters:all
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.