Any time when i edit a parent issue, is there way that same field of sub-task gets auto updated.
Thanks!
Hi @ramnik malik ,
You can use Jira Automation to do that.
1. Go to Project Settings -> Automation -> Create a rule
2. The rule should triggered when 'Issue Created'
3. IF/Else to check its a sub task
4. Then 'Edit issue'
You can select the fields you want to update and tap on 3 dots-> select 'Copy' option
Hi @ramnik malik
What have you tried to solve this need?
If you have created a rule and it is not working as expected, please post images of your complete rule, the audit log details, explain the field types involved, and explain what is not working as expected. Those will provide context for the community to offer suggestions.
If you have not yet started a rule...
There are similar example rules in the templates for a project to do this, and many community posts from which show the answer to this question.
You will also need to clarify your scenario to understand how many rules are needed, and with which triggers. At a minimum, please decide what will happen when:
Kind regards,Bill
You can also do this with a post function on the Create transition of the sub-tasks workflow, using the post function:
Thanks Bill.
I am yet to create a rule.
The rule which i wish to create is
1. Condition - Parent and sub-task exists.
1. Parent Issue - When a filed of parent is updated ( I have a list of 4 specific fields for which I want the same value to be passed to sub-task.
2. Update the field of Sub-task with same updated value of Parent issue.
Hello @Tharaka_Hettiarachchi - Thanks for your response.
I will try as suggested, however I want to trigger the rule when existing parent is updated and not when created.
Hello @Curt Holley - Thanks.
Let me check and try.
Ok @ramnik malik . You can trigger the rule when 'Issue Updated'
@Tharaka_Hettiarachchi - I tried using the "Issue Updated" and
1. Issue Type = "Sub Task" -> Edit issue ----- Did not work
2. If Sub Task Present --- > Edit issue - did not work.
I could not find any option which says update Sub-task
On updating the field of parent issue, unable to auto update the same filed of sub-task
Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.