Hi everyone,
The problem I want to solve is to prevent users from providing unclear descriptions and specifications.
For this purpose, I want to create Required Fields in Issues (Stories, Tasks, Subtasks, Bugs). As I understood, I have to change the issue layout.
Apart from the description field, I want to include several other fields. I also want to be able to insert grey example text for users that disappears as they start typing.
This is the layout I want:
Description:
Acceptance criteria (free single-line text):
AC1
AC2
AC3
...
Affected Systems: (free single-line text)
System1
System2
System3
Open Issues & Questions: (free multiple-line text)
Flowcharts & Mockups: (Upload files)
Any ideas?
I have forms in Jira software, but I find them inconvenient. You cannot make them mandatory, and I also do not want to stress users with filling out the issue fields and the form on top of that.
For me the best solution would be to be to have the editing features that 'Forms' have in the 'issue layout' so I can customize the way I want. In forms, you can create fields in a table form for or multiple choice field and so on.

Any ideas?
#jirapremium
#jiracloud
#companymanaged