I have looked at all the threads related to this issue but so far no workaround for the problem I am seeing. I have the automation set up as in the attached screen shot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PROcxEOMyGM is the video I was following. In the video it uses action issuetype in (story) and "Epic Link" = "{{issue.Epic Name}}" that didn't work so I changed it to "parent" = {{issue.key}}. However I still see the epic's Story Points field keep getting reset to zero.
Not sure why this is happening. Please help.
Hello @Janany Satkunam
Are your Epics and stories in the same project?
In your lookup JQL, use "Epic Link" = {{issue.Epic Link}}
Before you edit your issue, put a log statement and log the value {{lookupIssues.Story Points.sum}} to verify..
Parent logic is only for cloud.
Hi Kalyan, Epics and stories are in the same project. I tried "Epic Link" = {{issue.Epic Link}}. but the issue is still happening. Epic Story Points field resets to empty.
You mentioned putting a log statement. Can you give me the steps to do this? And what are we trying to check with this log statement?
Log statement just logs values so we know that lookupIssues found related stories of the epic or not. Its easy to understand whats going on looking at audit logs this way.
To do this, add component above "Edit Issue" -> New Action - Type Log in search box, under Advanced, there will be "Log Action". (see screenshot 1).
Then when you have selected that option, put in {{lookupIssues.key}} and hit save. (see screenshot 2)
Now, going back to your issue, if Epic Link is not working, most probably your company has renamed the Epic Link to something else. Like "Feature Link". Try that.
If that also does not work, then,
Seems like a lot of the steps but this is wa way to find custom field values and once you do it, its straight forward. Bookmark that URL for future reference.
Please try and share if any issues. Thanks!
I did the log statement as. you suggested. However I don't see any log entry in the ticket. Where should I see this logged?
As for doing the JSON, when I opened the URL with ?expand=names I am still getting the same normal view (not a JSON response).
Hi @Janany Satkunam
Are you using Jira Cloud? And if so, are you using a company-managed or a team-managed project? You may find that information and the bottom-left of the screen expanding area on the page.
Company-managed projects use the "Story points" field and team-managed projects use the "Story point estimate" field...even though the UX typically calls them the same. For the smart values, the two options would be:
{{lookupIssues.Story points.sum|0}} or {{lookupIssues.Story point estimate.sum|0}}
I added a default value of 0 to the end after the sum.
Kind regards,Bill
This is a DataCenter version.
Right now the rule is only triggering on create or edit actions. I want the story points field of the epic updated anytime epic link is updated to this epic or if a child is deleted or moved. Can I accomplish all of this in one action?
You can just use "Multiple Issue Events" trigger and choose Issue created, Issue Deleted, Issue updated triggers together and update epic. It should cover all your scenarios. Do note that for for issue created scenario, you need to include an additional Re fetch action because usually the rule does not have all the fields at hand when issue created is the trigger. You could separate that out as a rule by itself and rest, combine them in 1 rule. Hope it helps and as mentioned in below, please accept that answer for future reference. Thanks!
I accepted the answer for the original issue.
Can you let me know how use "Multiple Issue Events" for the rule I have? Also how do I delete a component on the automation rule as currently I don't see an option to do this.
Right now you have field value changed, instead you will choose "multiple issue events" trigger as below.. My suggestion is, keep "Issue created, Issue updated" together and Issue deleted a separate rule.. And add a refetch action step after trigger..
Also, I am not sure what do you mean delete component... As in remove component from issue?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.