I am trying to work around JWM's current inability to import linked issues and epics. On import I am writing the linked parent ID to a custom field. I would like to create an automation that takes the value in the custom field "Parent Test" and copies it to the actual Parent field. Challenge is I am super new to Jira.
Any recomendatons?
Hi @Evan Reid
What type of field is Parent Test?
And what is happening using this current rule? Is it running and erroring? Is there an error visible in the audit log?
---
I've seen this done in the past - usually it entails...
Ste
Thanks for the reply, Stephen. I think I started down this path based on a response you made to another post. The "Parent Test" field is a cutom shor text field.
I am using {"fields":{"parent":{"key":"issue.Parent Test"}}} in the issue edit step to set the value.
I am getting (Could not find issue by id or key. (parent)) as the error when the automation runs.
You shouldn't need to use the Advanced section (to remove this, you have to remove the JSON in it)
You should be able to use {{issue.Parent Test}} directly in the Parent field, selected from the field list.
Edit: To make sure, I just tried this. It works fine for me directly in the Parent field without JSON.
That did it!! I had to modify the 'Parent Test' field to include the project code so 'ABC-3' for the epic, but it works!
Thanks for the input!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.