My team has setup a JIRA software project but I don't see much options to use workflows for an approval process. This is not a JWM project. Is it possible for me to create an approval process via JIRA automation? I am new to Jira and any help would be much appreciated!
@jiratickets -
For Jira Software Application projects, here is an option that you can consider -
Essentially customize your WF and focus on setting up "Condition" for issue transition. So only specific approvers can see/act/transition the issue against those transition(s). Thus, creating the approval process for your projects in Jira Software application.
Here is an KB article for you to review from Atlassian Team - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Add-an-approval-step-using-Jira-Software-and-Work-Management/ba-p/2182531
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Hi @jiratickets
You can do this, but it'll take some setting up. I'd also use a Company-managed Project.
Automation can help, although I'd modify the workflow for this - for example...
Approvers can then click one of the two transitions to approve/reject an issue!
---
There are Apps that can do this also, for example...
Let us know your thoughts
If you need more specific instructions on how to set this up, we'd be happy to help!
Ste
Thank you so much
I would definitely go with Approval Path for Jira (Disclaimer: I am CEO of Warsaw Dynamics, company behind Approval Path)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.