I am struggling to create Backlog list of Epics which will be displayed on the left hand side of the project. I have tried turning the epic toggle on but nothings happens. Epics are visible in active sprints planning view but weirdly not in the backlog view. Could you please advise on what to do?
Hi @Viola Panzeri and welcome to the Community!
Have a look at your board filter (in Configure Board > General). Most likely, your epics are not returned by the filter. In such a case, you won't see your epics in the backlog and won't be able to display them in the side panel.
So, adjust your filter so Epics are returned as well.
(the epics you see displayed next to the stories are there because they are listed in the Parent field on your stories. That still works, even if the epics are not returned by the board filter. But that is a different thing)
Hope this helps!
Thanks Walter, not really.Been trying to adjust the filter adding epic and initiative no changes applied to the side pane in backlog - version is displaying though - so wondering how I can get to that view. Any ideas?
Hi @Viola Panzeri,
A couple of things to check: I see you marked epic as an issue type in the issue navigator view. In your screenshot, I don't see any epics reflected (it's possible that they are in the list, but not on the screenshot - I know. But still: make absolutely sure that they ARE being returned by the filter.
Next, also SAVE that filter to make sure the updated selection gets reflected on the board. To make 100% sure that your epics are included, check your board configuration > general and ensure that epics are really part of the JQL statement that you see there.
As from that point onwards, enabling the epics panel should indeed display your epics. If you still aren't getting there, it might help if you could share a screenshot of the general tab of your board settings.
Hi @Walter Buggenhout I've saved the filter as "New board filter" (screenshot 1) and epics they are returned once applied (screenshot 2)Again, nothing gets reflected in the backlog view>side paneAs requested, I'm also sharing the screenshot of the general tab of my board settings. Thank you for your help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.