Hello everyone,
I'm currently working on setting up automations in Jira, and I'm facing a challenge that I hope someone can assist me with. I want to create an automation rule where the due date of an issue is automatically updated to the current date whenever it's changed. What I'm hoping to achieve is to push the due date whenever someone doesn't update their tickets to either 'Done" or "On track"
Here's what I've tried so far:
- I've set up a rule triggered by the "Issue updated" event.
- I'm attempting to use JQL to specify the condition for when the due date is changed to today's date, but I'm unsure if I'm using the correct syntax. (is this correct?)
duedate = <span>endOfDay</span>() AND duedate changed to <span>now</span>()
- I'm not sure how to configure the action to update the due date to the current date.
Could someone guide how to properly set up this automation rule? Specifically:
- What is the correct JQL syntax to check if the due date is updated to today's date (or the day when the automation runs)?
- How can I configure the action to update the due date to the current date?
Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!