I'm trying to categorize all children of an EPIC in a Jira Work Management (Team Managed). Actually, I want color-coding and only Categories offer this feature as far as I understand.
The hierarchy is Epic> {task,purchase,bug} > subtask. The epic gets a category and this should flow through to all newly created items with that epic.
Is there any way this can be achieved?
I couldn't figure out how to automate that on creation, and I went for a work-around: Say I have created 15 new tasks for epic proj-123. I change the category of proj-123 and automate that those children get updated.
That boils down to:
- Trigger: field value change for Category
- Branch: for all the issues in the Epic
- Action: edit the Issue fields, copying it from the triggering issue.
I used the JSON:
{
"fields": {
"Category": "{{triggerissue.Category.id}}"
}
}Unfortunately, this fails with:
Edit issue
Error editing issues
PROJ-999 (Specify a valid 'id' or 'name' for Category (customfield_10033))
Any help is kindly appreciated