I have a Jira service desk set up, and I want to validate users' entries in the service desk fields. For example, I have text field and I want the users to only be allowed to enter unique values. So if user A submits a request with "My text" for the field then I want no other users to be able to successfully submit a request with "My text" in that field.
I currently have a Custom Script Validator to run code logic on user entries, but I cannot figure out how to retrieve the values previously entered by other users. If I could do that then I would be able to check 'is the value of this field in this list of existing values?' and deny the creation of the issue accordingly.
Is there a way to do this, or if not, what might my other options be for getting the desired behavior?