Unsure if this is the correct place for this topic.. it's mainly about implementation, change management and management involvement:
I have been implementing Jira in our organisation for the last year or so. Slowly and steadily increasing the number of departments and users. I have now passed a tipping-point and have approx 75-80% of employees using Jira (actively within the last 5 days). We are approx 100 employees. Confluence has also steadily increased in usage, to complement Jira-projects. We also have external consultants/suppliers in some Jira-projects. So this has grown bottom-up, by employees and with my support, training, customization of projects, etc.
Just about all of the middle managers are onboard, but senior management have been very distant and so far quiet uninterested (and do not use Jira/Confluence at all). All the managers backed and communicated internally that everyone in the organisation shall use Jira - but after that they have shown little support or interest in the progress or their roll. I have therefore invited myself to their meeting to give an update and explore their roll in this. Partly to be positive ambassadors for this change in ways-of-working, but also how they could benefit by using Jira and/or Confluence in their work (which today is very Excel-based).
I would love to hear thoughts or suggestions (or links to any published articles) on how to involve senior management more in the roll-out:
How to measure this roll-out/implementation
I want the management team to understand how employees use Jira and Confluence, and how this benefits the organisation (rather than before, when everyone worked in different ways). How having the data in one place can help them as senior management. How goals and production is measured.
Also I wish to explore how the senior management team could use Jira and/or Confluence for their work.