Hi all,
I’d need some help with an Automation and since I know that there are some Automation gurus around, I hope to find some support here 🙂
Business goal: each task in the backlog, which is already WSJF-scored (and thus also has estimated story points) should be updated with a forecast, in which sprint it will probably be worked on.
My idea: get a list of applicable issues with JQL, sorted by WSJF Score descending:
project = "AT2" and type = Task and status = Backlog AND WSJF IS NOT EMPTY ORDER BY cf[10258] DESC
While iterating through these issues, two things have to happen:
the story points (SP) of the current issue have to be added to the sum of the SP of all prior issues. Something like this: varStoryPoints = varStoryPoints + SP of current issue
depending on the actual sum of SP, a forecast-field in the current issue has to be updated. This would be like:
IF sum of SP <= 20 (capacity of one sprint)
THEN forecasted end date = end of current sprint + 2 weeks
ELSE IF sum of SP <= 40
THEN forecasted end date = end of current sprint + 4 weeks
ELSE IF sum of SP <= 60
THEN forecasted end date = end of current sprint + 6 weeks
…
When I tried to find out how to solve this, I got the feeling that is has somehow to be done with Issue Lookup and Advanced Branching. But to be honest, I didn’t quite get an idea how to use it in a useful manner 😕
Thus I’d be more than thankful for any guidance on solving this one!
Thanks in advance and best regards
Stefan