Hello!
I have the following workflow but I am trying to create a flow where it would send a notification to a specific user when total billable project hours exceeds a specific number of hours for the current month.
https://capture.dropbox.com/VSRaRsnxb2lbnsoG
Billable Hours field from Tempo - but if this is not possible, total hours logged is fine too
https://capture.dropbox.com/r0FjyuaBfhaCNaXz
Unfortunately, I can not find a formula for this.
Thank you!
Mayra
Hi @Mayra Hernandez
Are you trying to check the total time spent for a single issue exceeding the 120h threshold, for a group of issues, or something else?
Perhaps if you provide a specific example, and explain how your rule is not working as expected, that will help the community to offer suggestions. Thanks!
Kind regards,Bill
Hi Bill!
Thanks so much for your response. I am looking for the total time spent within the "current month" which would include many issues.
The rule I put in place may not be the best example but currently our organization runs of monthly retainers. So X client spends 40 hours a month. I would like a notification sent to me when I have reached lets say 80% or 90% of that total.
Thanks for that information, and I should have provided a disclaimer that I am not using Tempo; my suggestions are based on what I know about automation rules.
Next, I recommend reviewing the Tempo documentation first to determine if that tool already has this reporting / notification capability. The reason I suggest that is...
If we assume your rule structure of checking the limit for a specific issue each time work is logged, it is possible to either:
There is in-progress limit change of up to 5000 worklog records per issue, and so if you expect an issue to have more than that amount this sum will not be possible. Please see this article for that upcoming change: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Upcoming-changes-Introducing-per-issue-limits-for-list-fields-in/ba-p/2468177
If you want to try either of these approaches, please let me know and I can offer more suggested details.
hey Bill! Thank you fo this, I've reached out to Tempo support and unfortunately, they do not have this capability
If you would be able to provide any more info on #2 would probably be best if this is what you recommend a better approach would look like!
Thank you,
Hi @Mayra Hernandez ,
Maybe this KB article can help with your use case if you are using Tempo Accounts.https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/2249589149/Handling+time+buckets
Please take a look.
Best regards,
Susan WuTempo Product Expert
Hi Susan!
Thanks so much, this looks like exactly what we need, however I am getting the following error when accessing the API: https://capture.dropbox.com/8y4wwxuULDcjv59O
Let me know your thoughts there?
Nevermind, I was able to resolve this by following the instructions here! https://apidocs.tempo.io/#section/Base-Paths-for-API-Access
Will confirm if any other questions.
Thank you again!!
Hi Susan, one last issue I've encountered: https://capture.dropbox.com/UgZwVuHN3lkpC1HH
I am getting a 404 here, there is 100% worklogs attached to this task and the account has been linked to this task as well so not sure why I am still getting a 404 here.
Let me know if you can advise here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.