Hi,
We are using an external system that executes batch jobs. The execution of a job is reported by email. Whenever a job is executed, failed, succeeded, .... a status email is sent to a specific email address. The emails are now handled manually.
We now want to turn these tickets into JSM tickets automatically. I was thinking of setting up an OpsGenie email integration. Can somebody tell me if the following is possible in OpsGenie ?
I know it is possible to have Opsgenie create a new JSM ticket when an email is received.
But is it also possible to update an existing JSM ticket when an update email is received ? I presume this email alert would need to contain the JSM ticket number somewhere.
We don't want to use the alerting functionality of OpsGenie yet. For now, we just want to use OpsGenie to create and update the tickets.
The reason why I want to use OpsGenie because of multiple specific issue types we want to use for different email messages. With the JSM default email channel you can only use 1 Request Type.
Any feedback or best practices is highly appreciated.
Best regards,
Kris