So I am trying to Clone the ticket to QA testing when the owner is Trust, please help me out.
Thanks
Hello @Sohail Alam
In your rule you have a condition to confirm that the issue being processed is a sub-task.
A sub-task can exist only as the child of another issue.
If you want to clone the sub-task to make a new sub-task under an issue in another project you will need to specify the issue in the other project that will be the parent of the new sub-task. Notice in this example I am setting the Parent field to the issue key for that issue.
So, you are saying that we have to specify a parent in another project for these sub-tasks to get created?
And when I click on Parent I only see these 2 options. @Trudy P Claspill
When you create a sub-task it must have a parent issue.
When you clone a sub-task it must have a parent issue.
A sub-task's parent issue must exist in the same project as the sub-task itself.
So, if you want to clone a sub-task to make a new sub-task in a different project then you have to specify another non-sub-task issue in the target project as the parent for the newly created sub-task.
Besides selecting from the list of options for setting the Parent field you can also type in a value in the Parent field, like I showed in my example.
Hi @Sohail Alam
if you want to convert the sub-task to a task while cloning you could try our app Deep Clone for Jira.
You can trigger Deep Clone with a Jira Automation and can select the target issue type when setting up the automation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.