I have an Xporter document that I'd like to have print information from the parent epic. My use case is as follows:
Hi @Carol Borstnik , I haven't worked directly with Xporter... But, you'll first want to make sure the Epic Link field is available on subtask issues.
Next, try this syntax in the Xporter template:
Parent Epic Summary: {{issue.parent.fields.summary}}Parent Epic Description: {{issue.parent.fields.description}}
Or, if you are needing to loop through epics:
#{for issue in issues}Subtask Summary: ${issue.Summary}Subtask Description: ${issue.Description}
#{if issue.Epic Link}Epic Summary: ${issue.Epic Link->Summary}Epic Description: ${issue.Epic Link->Description}#{end}#{end}
#{for issue in issues}
${issue.Summary}
${issue.Description}
#{if issue.Epic Link}
${issue.Epic Link->Summary}
${issue.Epic Link->Description}
If that doesn't work, you can check out this resource - but, it's complex: https://confluence.getxray.app/display/public/XPORTERCLOUD/Exercise+3+-+How+to+Populate+Epic+Links
Perhaps someone with more Xporter experience will jump in here.
Also, this overall post looks like a duplicate of the post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Printing-information-from-parent-epic-on-subtask-export/qaq-p/2637756
However, the other post has an "Xporter" tag on it, which is helpful and might draw more attention.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.