Just getting started with JSM. Before, all tickets were coming in via email, so I've set up that channel in JSM and will eventually have it watch the mailbox that's currently feeding our old ticket system.
The requests all come in with the "Emailed request" request type, which has the issue type "[System] Service Request". I created a different Request Type called "Request Access to Financial Systems" which has the issue type "[System] Service request with approvals".
My problem is that if a request comes in via email, I'm not able to change it to my "Request Access to Financial Systems" Request Type, and I'm assuming it's because they're different Issue Types. But I really need to find a way to do this, so I can collect the approvals needed. I tried to figure out a way to do this via Automation but ran into the same issue. Researched a bit and I thought I saw that folks were able to do this via GUI, but I can't figure this out either.
I'm hoping it makes sense and that I used the proper terminology here. Thanks in advance for any suggestions I'll attach a screenshot showing the two request types I'm referring to.
If there's a better way to accomplish the same goal, I'm all ears. My goal is to initiate the approval process for any financial system, and not rely on the agent to remember that an approval is needed. The Request Type I created has that approver baked in.