Hi,
I have a Microsoft Form that creates a ticket in Jira. From there I have an automation set up to grab the data from the issue description and place it in various custom fields. I have no issues setting the values to date picker and single-line/paragraph custom fields, the only issue is with single select fields.
I'm using the .match() smart-value function to accomplish this.
Example of the issue Description:
First Name: John
Last Name: Smith
Company: Smith & John, LLC.
Example of a value in the Automation for the custom field, First Name:
{{issue.description.match("^First Name: *(.*)")}}
The above works fine because it's updating a text field. When I try the same concept for a single-select field it doesn't do anything and automation has an error. I tried the JSON below.
{
"fields": {
"customfield_11299": {"value": "{{issue.description.match("^Company: *(.*)")}}"}
}
}
But I get the error, "(Specify a valid value for Company (customfield_11299))"
I've even tried,
{
"fields": {
"customfield_11299": {"value": "{{issue.description.match("^Company: *(.*)").toJsonString}}"}
}
}
Then I get an error, "Invalid JSON".
Please help!