Hello All!
I have a small team of folks who work in a Jira instance. We log tasks and do generally low-tech logging (think of it more like task-based cases like a support system). We are working with out tableau folks to automate the logging of some data from our tasks.
When people open an issue with [Company Name] in the summary field, I need it to use the components field and set it there as well. Alternatively, I think we could use Labels, but some of these names are multiple words and I think that wreaks havoc with the labels field.
When people set a task type (think of something generic like "meeting", or "phone call"), I want the automation to set the category of that type of issue-so maybe it's called "communication" for the above, and the components field should read both "meeting" and "Communication".
I was easily able to get either of these working, but not together and only with caveats:
For the second situation, when I use the IF/THEN automation to edit the components field, it completely wipes out the existing component and replaces it with the automation. That leads to having to have a single rule for every condition/category combination-but surely there is a way to use automation that doesn't just replace the original component, right?
When I combine these 2 rules and put in an issue with "Company Name X", and Component "meeting", all I get is the company name set in components...so it seems like the rules overlap each other and the editing of components just replaces my components.
WAY too much writing for my problem, but hopefully someone knows what I'm going through and can direct me to the right place for this.
Thanks!