Hi folks!
The simple workflow we're trying to follow is:
1) Complete the Sprint
2) Tell Jira we want to move incomplete issues to a new sprint (not backlogged)
3) Specify the name of the new sprint
4) Jira completes the old sprint and moves the incomplete jira to the new sprint with the specified name
That's the goal. Now, Jira let's you select "New sprint":

And it even lets you replace the default name with the name of your choosing (since you probably have a naming scheme you want to use). But when you type the name for the new sprint, it rejects it:

My only solution is to erase the sprint name I provided, and go back to "New sprint", which then proceeds.
But it doesn't name it "New sprint". It notes that I have an inactive sprint named "Candidates" out there, and calls the new sprint "Candidates 2". Predictably, this is not what I want, so I edit the sprint and change the name to what I originally wanted "2024-03-15", which works fine.
So I got what I wanted, albeit with a bunch of extra steps and missteps.
Am I missing something here? Is there a smoother way to accomplish what I'm trying to do ? Is it just a GUI validation failure (combo box instead of dropdown) that Jira allows me to type what I want for the new sprint name, even though it has no intention of allowing me to pick the name of my choosing without going back and changing it later?
Thanks in advance!
Dave